Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This Weekend's Craft Fairs and Jewelry

This weekend Mama Pea and I had two craft fairs. Saturday's fair was a straight up craft fair at a small town's science center (I think that it used to be a tiny elementary school). The Lion's Club held the fair. All of the money the Lion's Club receives goes toward funding a machine which helps blind people. So that's nice.

We did really well at the fair. We sold four bags, a bunch of jewelry and lavendar sachets (fresh from my mom's garden!). It was pretty profitable.

Sunday's fair was actually an Octoberfest (should that be OKtoberfest?) so along with having over one hundred vendors, there was an umpa band to entertain us between customers coming by. It was also outside, which was really nice, especially since it was sunny and 75 degrees all day!

We did just as well in sales (minus $2). We sold three bags, including one that I did the bead work on! We also sold one of the weirder necklaces I've made. I had fun making it but I wasn't sure it would sell. I try to make things that I would wear, but sometimes things don't come out the way I mean for them to. I wish that I had taken a picture. We also sold two pairs of hoops, similar to the ones in the picture. They are probably my favorite to make. I just think they are the cutest!
I'm posting some other pictures of jewelry. Some of these items will be available Etsy soon. Mama Pea and I have run low on gift boxes, so I need to replace them first.

These pink hearts were picked up several times at the fairs... And here is one of Mama Pea's new designs. I'm not sure how she created it, but I like it! Mind the fuzz in the top right corner :-P it's cotton from one of the gift boxes.


Today was my first day creating and promoting our Etsy store. It was really fun! I spent a lot of time on the forums and everyone seems really nice. It's been a long day though.

No comments: