Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday Night Thoughts

I have had such a lovely day. Between visiting friends, driving in the gorgeous weather again in the convertible, and now, relaxing in a candle-lit room in front of the computer before bed, I put in a little bit of time promoting myself on the Etsy promotions forum. I also chatted for a bit in the Etsy chat rooms this morning. I can't get over how nice everyone on Etsy is. It is refreshing. I met a lovely lady who introduced me to Rufus Wainwright and specifically the song Poses. I am hooked!

Tonight happens to be the night of my ten year reunion for high school. I didn't go to the reunion, nor did either of my two best friends from high school. I am curious, how many of you went to your reunions? If you didn't go, why not? If you did, what was it like?

I thought tonight, before bed, I would come up with a theme to introduce some Etsy artists and crafters that I like. Sort of like creating a theme for an Etsy treasury. What moves me right now is romance. Must be the candles and the crisp Autumn air. So that is my theme. I will try to see what would fit a romantic shopping spree...

I must go back to Kaspar Gallery. I showed my friend the Kaspar Gallery tonight and she was just as impressed. And isn't the work romantic? Take a look at this Abstract Landscape Tree, this photograph, and this painting. The red and gold shades in the two paintings suggest romance and passion for me. If I were to create a "romance room" in my house, I would have to buy a couple of these. What would I wear in my romantic room? Well, pretty shirts and dresses with flowers on them of course. Check these out from CircularAccessories... Chopstick Dahlia, Blue Willow, Black Lotus, and Blue Locust on Swamp. I may also like this Victorian Style Choker from SanityCrafts around my neck. I also need pretty soaps to make me smell as good as I feel in my romantic room. I found this crafter in the chat room this morning. I like the sound of these Crannberry Seed soaps. I think I would like to lay down in a bed like Delia's Corral Bed. I would have satin sheets and a fluffy red or pink duvet.

I love to fantasize like that, but I think for my next entry I will work on items that I'm more likely to buy. I will start a holiday shopping list for my friends and family. Ooh fun, can't wait!

So I have no news for tonight regarding our shop. We have had many visits to our bags, which is nice. No sales yet, which is totally acceptable. I can't wait to make that first sale, but I know that it takes time and work. In the meantime we still have our craft fairs which fulfill that satisfaction you get from selling something you worked so hard to create.

Phew, it's already midnight! Time to snooze.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI sweetpeas thanks for the kind words. I will let definitely be posting pics of the puppies (who are not here yet) probably on a weekly basis. I had to comment on the reunion thing. I didn't go to any until the 20th. At that point my curiosity overcame me and I had to go. You have to understand that I really did not like most of the people I graduated with and the ones I did like are still my friends today. I have to say I had an absolute ball. I was so surprised by how many people knew who I was lol! It was quite interesting to watch people fall into the same groups by the end of the nite though. You should go to your next one just to see how everyone turned out.